Saturday, March 25, 2006

Illustration Friday: Monster


I had fun with this one. It gave me a chance to use a pencil.
I thought I was going to go simple and vector, but I just kept sketching and then shading and then well...got tired and here it is.

Please note: The monster portrayed in this illustration is a fictional character and not my daughter.

Please see below, I scanned in the original sketch for this particular piece.

Also feel free to browse: http://www.cafepress.com/tomstuder wher I have made promo postcards and posters of this picture.




In some ways I kinda like the sketch just as much.

8 comments:

John Restrepo said...

i just saw the movie the hills have eyes and your piece reminded me of it, in a nicer way...

Rachel said...

haha i thought about doin my daughter... yours made me laugh! great job!

Lou said...

Great job! I love the disclaimer about it not being your daughter.

daniel said...

oh sweet! that doesn't remind me of your daughter in the least ;-) Gonna throw any color in it? You could have a whole series of these guys- remember Garbage Pail Kids?

AscenderRisesAbove said...

oh yes... that is exactly what happens to kids who eat too much candy!!

stacey m said...

wow, this is excellent!

saul said...

hmm.. I actually like the sketch more.. but they're both lots of fun

faun said...

that sketch is adorable. I love her the most.